Sunday, January 4, 2009

Suggestions/Thoughts Needed

What do you all think about a future “Outdoor Wednesday” or something similar….where every Wednesday participants post a picture of an area/vignette/etc outside their home? It could be a picture of your porch, deck, patio, garden, lawn, plant, flower, etc…..

I could post a list every Wednesday showing all the blogs who are participating. I selected Wednesday so that if you were out in the yard over the weekend working and taking photos that you would have a few days to put together a post. Also, if someone posted a picture that inspired an idea for your yard…it would give you a few days before the weekend to plan!

What made me think of this? Well, I was recently standing out on the deck looking into my backyard…. it looks bare this time of year…. the winding path that travels beyond the fence and around the woods is thick in leaves waiting to be raked….. everything is covered in an extra layer of mulch for protection…..

winter

As the weather starts to warm the backyard turns lush and green. In the woods there are various sitting areas. On the side and front of the house are roses and other blooming plants….. so many things for me to share with all of you…….. I know you all must have areas outside that you would like to share!

I don’t know if this is something any of you might be interested in doing. I decided I might as well ask!  If you are interested, when would you want to start?  “Outdoor Wednesday” isn’t a very ‘catchy’ phrase… perhaps someone might come up with a better name?

Please leave your thoughts and comments below. I look forward to hearing any ideas you might have. If there aren’t any/enough interested, that is okay too…. I will still post my outside pictures as the weather warms up!!! Spring will be here before we know it!

Technorati Tags: ,

19 comments:

  1. I think that sounds like a great idea - I am soooo ready for spring and summer and warm weather in general!! I think having a special day to post pics of some fav plant, spots in our yard, etc. sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great Susan! I love the idea. Thanks for thinking of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great and it will inspire me to work on my yard more. I wold love to see what everyone does to their yards since their homes are so cool---I can just imagine the outside.

    Great Idea...count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hows like a fun day Susan..I could show you my snow right now ha ha!! if would be nice to see others homes outsdie..as I sure enjoy all the inside shots..let me know how this does..have a great day dear friend..hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea. I'm outside all the time, and this will help remind me to take my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, I do love working in my yard and in fact it is a work in progress. We moved here without a bit of landscaping and it has been a challenge figuring out what to do. I designed everything so far and I am enjoying the progress. I would be interested in your idea.

    Hugs...Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, I would like to participate, but I would like to suggest it to be expanded it a little to include anything outside that you liked... some wonderful outdoor shots of the beach or the forest or the mountatins. That way, you'd have more participants. And it would be easier for people who are apartment dwellers and don't have yards. I would like to submit some beautiful pictures of Florida we've taken that aren't necessarily our yard. Just a suggestion. :-) I like the idea.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so not the outdoorsy type - my husband does all of the yard work. I just admire it from the air-conditioned inside. Don't laugh now, but I literally only go out to the yard may be once or twice during the summer. So, needless to say, I would not participate; but would enjoy looking at everyone's yards on a blog!! You can laugh now. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan,
    That sounds great! Not sure how much I'll be posting on Wednesdays...I usually take a break that day since I'm pretty tired from staying up too late to get Tablescape Tuesday ready. But I would try to participate at least a few times. :-)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan...that sounds very nice. I love being outdoors even if it is shoveling snow or garden mulch. :)Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Susan

    Sounds great to me and you can start any time is fine with me. Looking forward to all the post and photos.

    Sondra

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a very limited garden so my participation woudl be sporadic but I am interested in playing some & of course seeing everybody else's posts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this idea!! I'll sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SUPER IDEA! I'd love to participate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you have an interesting idea and would like to hear what the "verdict" is. Thanks for coming up with it! :D
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love this, i live in the garden 9 months of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is already meme called MyWorld which is the same idea. I think it would be better to find a more unique angle.

    Quiltworks

    ReplyDelete
  18. When I read this I was confused until I saw the date! Was this a re-post? Ot did I just click on the wrong thing? Have a blessed week. Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!